Statistics

SUPPORT (183 Members) . GROW (7 Association). PROMOTE (Visitors from 14 Countries). (Check The Site's Statistics)

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Fortunate to be working with the differently-abled




Mr Suresh Kamath is Managing Director, Laser Soft Infosysytems Limited. An engineer by training, he holds an M. Tech from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras, and was given the `Distinguished Alumni' award by IIT-Madras in 2001. He set up Laser Soft Infosystems Ltd, a banking software company, in 1986 with a capital of just Rs 200. Laser Soft prefers to employ differently-abled software professionals.

Two things that my education/training has taught me:

Be humble. What you know is insignificant compared to what you don't know.

Apply whatever you know and have learnt to solve problems in the most efficient fashion.

Two things I have learnt from my work/real life:

I have realised how fortunate I am to be working in India and, that too, with differently-abled people.

I have to make every working day useful to my customers, colleagues, company and country.

One quality I look for most in a new recruit:

I would want to know whether the new recruit likes our unique company.

A book that I read recently:

Srimad Bhagavad Gita.


No comments: